Fort Lauderdale criminal attorney William Moore Learn about Attorney Moore's criminal defense experience, legal strategy & case history with legal commentary via our video articles.
Where to turn...
The potential consequences and penalties that accompany a criminal conviction can include having a criminal record, serving time in jail, loss of job prospects, breakdown of personal relationships, among other things. A criminal arrest of any kind usually warrants the legal assistance of a criminal defense lawyer with experience in defending the specific criminal charge for which the client is charged. Attorney William Moore has been helping people for almost two decades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In that time he has worked on thousands of cases seeking the best possible outcome for his clients.
Attorney Moore & his staff can help the defendant understand some key issues regarding the criminal case, such as:
- The seriousness of the charges filed.
- Potential defenses available
- The type of plea bargains that may be offered.
- The expected outcome of the trial or conviction.
Remember, attorney William R. Moore offers legal advice to a defendant at any stage during the criminal process. It is never too late to speak with our defense team.
Choosing the Right Criminal Defense Attorney
Different criminal defense attorneys may have experience in different types of criminal cases, such as felonies, drug cases, misdemeanors, while collar crimes, and a variety of other federal and state crimes. An individual facing criminal charges must try to choose an attorney with appropriate expertise, skills and experience in the type of criminal case that he or she is faced with. The attorney should also have experience with the local and state rules of court.
A knowledgeable and committed criminal defense attorney is one who can help:
- Lessen the degree of the criminal charge, such as lessen the charge of felony to misdemeanor.
- Successfully argue for the reduction of the severity of the punishment.
- Eliminate or work towards having your prison time reduced via legal means such as probation.
- Construct a sound defense strategy from the beginning of the case.
Locating a Criminal Defense Attorney
Many people prefer to seek a referral from friends or family while looking for a criminal defense attorney. However, sometimes an individual may feel reluctant to publicize the news of being charged with a crime, or the well-wishers may not be able to provide a solid reference for a lawyer.
In such cases, it is a good idea to look for a reputed criminal lawyer online through search engines. Online directories of lawyers may also prove to be useful in locating an appropriate lawyer in such cases. A number of experienced criminal defense attorneys in the Fort Lauderdale area are available, and many of them can be located online via a basic Internet search. But do not become side-tracked with flashing colors and bright lights on a website, that may not the most reliable or honest attorney around. You need to find a website with professional and articulate articles discussing law included on it and a website and/or a lawyer that does not make promises that seem unrealistic or unlikely.
Fort Lauderdale Criminal Attorney William R. Moore
Thank you for visiting the website of William R. Moore. While we do hope that you are not facing criminal prosecution, the fact of the matter is that our line of work brings us into contact with many unfortunate individuals who are. This in no way insinuates that those accused are not good people. To the contrary, the overwhelming majority of our clients are normal law-abiding individuals who, through some misunderstanding or lapse of judgment have found themselves entangled with the Florida criminal justice system. The firm's founder, WR Moore, is a Fort Lauderdale criminal attorney of over 16 years and has handled thousands of criminal cases, has been seen on South Florida news stations, and written about in South Florida newspapers. Only through years of serving as a Criminal Attorney in Fort Lauderdale Florida has he developed an aggressive and innovative strategy designed to protect the rights of citizens. Unlike some, this office never rushes to plea bargain a case, knowing full well that the only possible way to achieve the best result is to prepare for every case as if it is going to trial.If you are searching for a Fort Lauderdale criminal defense attorney to represent you in defending against allegations made by the Broward State Attorney’s Office always consider how long the lawyer has practiced criminal defense in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Resources of a law firm are an important consideration as well. Many Fort Lauderdale criminal attorneys find it of great benefit to have at least one additional attorney from their firm assigned to a case. This, of course has been evidenced by every widely publicized trial over the last two decades. Even the Broward State Attorneys Office more often than not has at least two criminal prosecutors handling a case against an individual charged with a crime.
The most important factor to consider when choosing a Fort Lauderdale criminal attorney is their overall experience in criminal trial and motion practice. Always ask a prospective attorney to provide this information to you in writing.
Throughout this site, you will find an overwhelming amount of material covering a vast array of criminal defense topics. Many sections deal with actual cases defended by attorney William R. Moore. Where appropriate, the actual County Court case number is provided should you wish to pull the corresponding file from the Office of the Clerk of Court, located in the jurisdiction where the case was handled. For information about any of the material contained within this website, please do not hesitate to contact WR Moore Criminal Lawyers at 721 SE 13th Street, Suite 1, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316 (956)-656-6229.
When an individual is placed under arrest or charged with a crime, it is always advisable to seek out the services of a dedicated and focused criminal defense lawyer. Unlike civil cases, the potential punishments in a criminal case can be severe. It is paramount that the defendant understand his or her rights at every stage of the criminal process so that they may make informed decisions as well as participate in the formulation of their defense
- What is Cyber-Stalking? In Florida, the cyber-stalking laws have been formulated under the aegis of traditional stalking statutes. Under this law, stalking refers to repeated threatening or harassing behavior that causes ....
- Ambiguities in the Cyber-Bulling Law Fort Lauderdale based criminal attorney William Moore explains that Florida cyber-bullying legislation is quite comprehensive, certain ambiguities have been noted by Cyber-stalking lawyers and some ....
- Florida Law on Computer Crime Article Contributed By, WR Moore Criminal Defense 721 SE 13th Street Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 954-656-6229 Given the increasing use of computers for legitimate uses and the use of computers to ....
- Intent and Motive A defendant’s intent is one of the key factors in determining guilt in a criminal case. In legal parlance, it is referred to as “mens rea,” which means “guilty mind.” The intentions of the defendant ....
- Getting Out of Jail on Own Recognizance The lawyers at WR Moore Criminal Defense explain that the simplest way of getting released on bail is when the court allows the arrested person to be released on their own recognizance (R.O.R.) The ....
- Florida Law on Attempt WR Moore Criminal Defense 721 SE 13th Street Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (954) 656-6229 According to criminal attorneys, "attempted crimes" are by definition incomplete crimes. However, the intent to ....
Welcome to Our Website
BROWARD CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY, WR Moore, ESQ.
Thank you for visiting the website of Broward Criminal Defense Attorney, WR Moore. While we do hope that you are not facing criminal prosecution, the fact of the matter is that our line of work brings us into contact with many unfortunate individuals who are. This in no way insinuates that those accused are not good people. To the contrary, the overwhelming majority of our clients are normal law-abiding individuals who, through some misunderstanding or lapse of judgment have found themselves entangled with the Florida criminal justice system. Broward Criminal Defense Attorney, WR Moore, has handled thousands of criminal cases, has been seen on South Florida news stations, and written about in South Florida newspapers. Only through years of serving as a Broward Criminal Defense Attorney has he developed an aggressive and innovative strategy designed to protect the rights of citizens. Unlike many, this office never rushes to plea bargain a case, knowing full well that the only possible way to achieve the best result is to prepare for every case as if it is going to trial.